First Announcement and Call for Papers for LIS’2017
The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS’2017) is held in conjunction
with the European Conference on Data Analysis on 27./28. September 2017 at the Wroclaw University of Economics, Wroclaw, Poland.
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS’2017) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
– Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
– Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
– Open access to classification systems: how can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
– Linked (subject) data (e.g. faceted classification and linked data architectures: a happy alignment?)
– Classification, subject indexing and the semantic web (e.g. taxonomies and semantic web ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
– Automatic and manual methods in classification and subject indexing (e.g. mappings, concordances, heuristics)
– Classification of research data
– Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
– Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit
an abstract via the conference website from 1.3.2017:
All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Please note that the abstract submission deadline is 10.6.2017
Accepted contributed and invited presentations may be published as post conference peer-reviewed full papers
in the open access e-journal Archives of Data Science.
In addition a selected number of peer-reviewed papers will be published in a Special Issue of the
Journal Advances in Data Analysis and Classification (ADAC).
March 1, 2017: Registration and submission starts on conference webpage
June 10, 2017: Abstract submission deadline
July 10, 2017: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
July 31, 2017: Early registration deadline
Sept 27-29, 2017: Conference
Nov 20, 2017: Full paper submission deadline for Archives of Data Science
Scientific Program Committee
* Frank Scholze, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany (Chair)
* Ewald Brahms, Univ. Hildesheim, Germany
* Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
* Monika Lösse, German National Library Leipzig, Germany
* Bernd Lorenz, FHÖV Munich, Germany
* Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Magnus Pfeffer, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
* Heidrun Wiesenmüller, HdM Stuttgart, Germany